3 Days Tsavo East and West Kenya Budget Camping Safari
Day 1: Mombasa - Tsavo East National Park
3 Days Tsavo East and West Kenya budget camping safari, depart Mombasa and drive to Tsavo East National Park. Arrive in time for lunch. Afternoon is spent game viewing in this vast wilderness reserve. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Tsavo East National Park
The park was established on 1st April, 1948 with an area of 21,812 Km2 It is the largest Park in Kenya. In May 1948 Tsavo National Park was divided into East and West for administrative purposes. The two Parks are divided by Nairobi-Mombasa railway /road. Construction of the railway reached Tsavo river in 1898. During the construction of the bridge Lions (Man eaters of Tsavo) terrorized the workers, killing over 130 people before being killed by Col. Patterson. During the World War I (1914-1918) British forces built fortresses along Tsavo river to counter threats from invasion.
Day 2: Tsavo East - Tsavo West National Park
After breakfast depart Tsavo East with game drive en-route to Tsavo West National Park, proceed to your camp with game drive. Lunch followed by an afternoon game drive before dinner and overnight.
Tsavo West National Park
The park is a vast expanse of savanna stretching from Mtito Andei, along the Mombasa-Nairobi road and south to the Tanzanian border. The North Eastern boundary along the Highway adjoins Tsavo East National Park, but Tsavo West has a more varied topography and a more diverse array of habitats than its neighbour. The park's habitats include open plains alternating with Savannah bush and semi desert scrub, acacia woodlands; rocky ridges and outcrops and more extensive ranges and isolated hills; belts of riverine vegetation; palm thickets and on the Chyulu hills, mountain forest.
Day 3: Mombasa- Departure
After breakfast return to Mombasa arriving in the early afternoon.
The above safari includes :
- All meals and excursions as per the itinerary.
- Park entrance fees in the Game Reserves and National Parks.
- All road transportation and Game drives using custom-made Safari minivan complete with pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation on Safari.
- Experienced English speaking driver-guides.
The above safari excludes :
- All flights.
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco, laundry, phone calls, tips and drinks/beverages.
- Extra meals.
- Any other items not mentioned above.
- Medical/Travel Insurance.