Circumnavigation of Mount Kenya 5 Day
This Mount Kenya climbing is for those mountaineers who have an adventurous spirit and want to ascend Pt. Lenana, (4,985m) in a leisurely fashion from a non-tourist route. The climber has a better chance of acclimatizing and getting fit for the attempt on Pt. Lenana.
Day 1: Nairobi - Naromoru - Met station
Depart Nairobi in the morning after sorting and organizing personal equipment for the trek. After Lunch in Nanyuki town ,drive to Sirimon gate and start out trek to the Met Station where we spend the night in the mountain log cabins. A good day for acclimatization, altitude of 3050 m. A light hike is taken in the afternoon to help acclimatization.
Day 2: Met Station - Mackinders camp
Hike up to the Teleki valley to our Mackinders Camp where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. Walking time approximately 4-6 hours. Overnight Mackinders Camp (4,150m).
Day 3: Mackinders
After an early breakfast, begin the circumnavigation of the main peaks by heading north. One traverse takes us below the south and west faces on our approach to Two Tarn Hut then across Western terminal and into Hausberg Valley and finally over Hausberg Col and into Mackinders Valley. Walking time proximately 5 hours. The highest point reached this day is 4,500m. Our camp in Mackinder valley is at an altitude of 4,300m. Night will be spent in high altitude tents.
Day 4: Pt Lenana - Teleki
Alpine ascent of the third highest peak Pt. Lenana up the north face little used by tourists. The top should be reached after about four hours of stiff walking. Altitude of Pt.Lenana is 4985m. We then descend into Teleki Valley and spend the night at our original camp completing a scenic traverse of the Mountain.
Day 5: Teleki - Met - Descend
Descend the Mountain to Met Station and return to Nairobi.
The above safari includes :
- All meals and excursions as per the itinerary.
- Park entrance fees in the Game Reserves and National Parks.
- All road transportation and Game drives using custom-made Safari minivan complete with pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation on Safari.
- Experienced English speaking driver-guides.
The above safari excludes :
- All flights.
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco, laundry, phone calls, tips and drinks/beverages.
- Extra meals.
- Any other items not mentioned above.
- Medical/Travel Insurance.