Mount Kenya Chogoria Traverse Naromoru 7 Days
Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain in Africa and one of the largest extinct volcanoes, It can be climbed any time of the year but best time is July to February, Well April and May is not good time cause of long rains . The mountain itself is 5895 meters high and is made up of three different volcanic peaks: Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira
The route becomes so popular because it's more scenery than the other.
Day 1: Nairobi - Chogoria
Depart from Nairobi after sorting all the equipment; the journey goes through to Embu Town a rich coffee growing area before finally arriving at Chogoria, then up to the forest gate and for overnight camping.
Day 2: Chogoria - Bairuni
After breakfast walk up to Bairuni clearing (2,370m) about 04 hours of trekking and overnight.
Day 3: Uramnadi - Bandas
Walk up to gate cliffs through Uramandi hut, near Mt. Kenya Forest Lodge (about 2,940 m.) and overnight. (Walking time 05-06 hours)
Day 4: Uramandi - Mugi
Trek up a bit steep areas through Mugi hills to get to Lake Ellis at 3,460m and overnight. (Walking time 05 hours).
Day 5: Mintos
Hike along Hinde Valley to the Hall Tarns/Mintos Hut overnight 4,300m. (Walking time 06 hours).
Day 6: Mintos - Pt Lenana - Mackinders
The climax of the expedition is to ascend Pt. Lenana 4,985m via Simba Col, Lake Harris, Kobe Peak and to Mackinders Camp for overnight in our Teleki Lodge 4,150 m. (02 hrs walk).
Day 7: Mackinders - Naromoru
After breakfast descend through Naro Moru route- vertical bog to Met. Station, where our transport to Nairobi will be waiting. (03 - 04 hours walk).
The above safari includes :
- All meals and excursions as per the itinerary.
- Park entrance fees in the Game Reserves and National Parks.
- All road transportation and Game drives using custom-made Safari minivan complete with pop-up roof for enhanced game viewing and photography.
- Full board accommodation on Safari.
- Experienced English speaking driver-guides.
The above safari excludes :
- All flights.
- Additional sightseeing or deviation from the itinerary.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco, laundry, phone calls, tips and drinks/beverages.
- Extra meals.
- Any other items not mentioned above.
- Medical/Travel Insurance.